Meet your French Teacher...
Mrs V Ford-Attia
The aims of the course are to:
· develop understanding of the spoken and written forms of the language in different topics;
· develop the ability to communicate effectively, through both the spoken and written word, using a range of vocabulary and structures;
· develop knowledge and understanding of the grammar of the language, and the ability to apply it;
· use their knowledge and understanding in a variety of situations which reflect their progression in their learning of the language;
· become familiar with the way of life in countries and communities where the language is spoken;
· develop positive attitudes to language learning;
· provide a suitable foundation for further study and/or practical use of the language when visiting the country.
In Year 10 and 11, you will be assessed on your Writing and Speaking abilities representing:
60% of your controlled assignment in total. You will do 2 writing and 2 Speaking tasks marked on a single scale A* to G. (1 writing and 1 speaking each year).
In Year 11, in the Summer Term, your listening and reading skills will be assessed and marked externally, representing 40% of you final mark.
In year 9 You will study: Hobbies: free time activities – TV, cinema, reading, internet, the present and perfect tenses; Holidays: what you did, where and when you went using the perfect tense of regular and irregular verbs; Your personality: talking about yourself, your friends and what you like using the present, past and near future; My life as a teenager: Friends, Facebook, going out, being able to talk and write about events in the past tense. You will have 1 Speaking and 1 Writing Controlled Assessment as well as 1 End of year Assessment.
At Key Stage 4, students work towards being examined in each of the four skills: listening, reading, speaking and writing covering the following topics: Lifestyle: Health, Relationships and Choices ; Leisure: Free time activities, shopping and new technology; Holidays; Home & Environment; Work & Education: School, college, jobs and future; Shopping, Money & Trends, Environment & the planet.